Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Daylight savings

When I was growing up I always hated daylight savings, I always wondered why we even had it.
That was until I had kids...

I appreciate it now, after living in Montana and having children. It wasn't anything like I liked how I could make them go to bed early because the clock changed, it has to do with the busses.

It is now mid october and we live in the mountains where there aren't any street lights. It is very very dark in the morning. All three of my children go to school now and ride the bus, our bus stop is at the end of our driveway. Yesterday the school bus drove right passed our house and down the roads to the next stop, which is only about a quarter of a block away. The bad part is my children had to run to catch the bus that missed them, because it was dark.

What if something happened? They could have missed it again and not made it in time for the bus doors closing and gotten caught in the bus tires. I know it's morbid and unlikely but still, things happen.

Because of what happened yesterday I am looking forward to daylight savings time this year, it will be ALOT lighter in the morning, the school bus will be able to see my children and they won't get run over by the bus, lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment